Tuesday 23 March 2010

Images Used and Editing - Front Cover

Once I started to make my front cover I decided that this image would be the best to use as it is in a medium close up and gives strong eye contact with the reader, a typical convention of music magazines. I also chose this image as there is space around for cover lines, the masthead and a banner. This image also gives off the correct vibe that I am aiming for with my magazine. My front cover image is the only image that i original chose that ended up in my final product. As the model is dressed in something individual and something that everyday people would not normally wear it links with the ideology of my magazine; don't be afraid to be independent and break typical stereotypes.



















Still, I had to decided on the colour scheme of my main image and so I edited the background in several colours which included a grey, blue and white. However, once the edited image had been put on the completed front cover I decided it did not look right and therefore decided to go with the original image which provides a blank background, ensuring no main attention is being taken away from the features. The background used also provides a link to the contents page image and also, despite the main colour's running through my magazine are black, grey, red and white i felt that putting either one of these colours as a background showed the splash to look messy, rushed and over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment