Wednesday 24 March 2010

Images Used and Editing - Double Page Spread





















When constructing my double page spread i originally wanted to use more than one image, however, once i had put the above image onto the final piece i realised it did not look as professional and therefore stuck to only using one image on my double page spread, which is conventionally more similar to existing music magazines. However as i had originally planned to use this image on my double page spread i had to edit it. As the running theme of my music magazine is white, black, red and grey i wanted to carry this on in my double page spread and therefore had a clear idea that i would crop the existing background out of the image and replace it with a grey one. As, in the end, this image did not work i chose the following to feature in my double page spread.

Having discarded the above image i chose to use this one. Likewise, i cropped out the original background and replaced it with a grey one, this time a more lighter one than the previous. However, although happy with my image, I could not find a suitable place to put it, so i cropped it, and in turn, found a more suitable place to feature the image which also links with the ideas i had when planning the drafts.


My final image ended up as this. I cropped the image just above the waist so there is enough of the original image shown, but not too much as to make the cropping unnecessary. When my double page was successfully completed i felt pleased and satisfied with the image i had chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment