Thursday 18 March 2010

Double Page Spread Sketch Drafts

As done prebiously, when planning my double page spread I made a layout version and a more detailed version. When planning my layout I decided to place the title of my spread in the top right hand corner of the right hand page. Underneath this would be the caption of the article and under that the article, which will continue onto othe pages. The title of the page will be larger than the caption and article as it is important for it to catch the readers eye and make it clear that this is the page relating to the main image on the magazine cover.

To the left of the masthead/caption/article I chose to place a selection of different images which will fill the page. I chose to feature a selection as it will show the different sides of the person that is being interviewed and give a more clear view about who they are to the reader.

When planning my double page spread in more detail i decided to have the title of the page be a quote from the article as it engages the reader, making them want to read further and find out what and why it's being said. I chose to have the words "i'm just like you" as it shows that even music stars are normal and like everyone else, contributing to the idea that the story is relatable and the readers can feel more involved. I decided to keep the caption brief, not giving too much away but making it detailed enough to make the reader want to find out more in the interview.

The selection of images will all be different, connoting that there are different sides to everyone, showing that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and the person you see reflected in the media is not always who that person really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment