Thursday 18 March 2010

Font Ideas


When planning my magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread I thought of a selection of fonts I could use to make my magazine as effective as it could be.
Although not all of the fonts planned will be used it has given me a good idea as to which will be the most effective, give good contrast when needed and make the featured needed, stand out the best.
For example, 'Arial for Autograph' is clear and easy to read, and therefore will be a good font to use on my front cover for cover lines. Similarly, 'Times New Roman' is classic and also easy to read, therefore would be a good font to use on my contents page.
'Valdimir Script' is a good font to use when planning to contrast something against another as it is different from most fonts and will catch the readers eye due to it being more different. Therefore it could be a good font to use on my front cover when trying to contrast the main cover line from the rest.
'Haettenschweiler', however, is not that easy to read as it is quite thick and the lettering is close together, therefore, would not be a suitable font to use when planning a feature that needs to stand out clearly and be easy to spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment