Thursday 18 March 2010

Contents Page Sketch Drafts



Similarly to the front cover, with my contents page I originally sketched up a layout I would use for my contents page. Within this layout I included the name of the page (contents)/masthead at the top, covering the whole width of the page. I then decided to place the list of pages and features that would be included in my magazine along the left hand side, covering the whole length of the page. An editors letter would then be placed opposite the navigation section. However, this would not take up the length of the page as under the editors letter would be a selection of images from the main feature.

I then planned my contents page in depth and drafted what my features would be called. I decided to include both features that were on the cover and also what would be regular in the magazine. The 'on the cover' section will be at the top of this column as it will be the first thing the readers will want to look at as the features on the cover would have been the main reason people have bought the magazine.

When deciding what to write about in the 'editors letter' section I chose to write about what this issue would feature and the reasoning for choosing these particular features this month. When planning what images I would feature on the contents page I decided to choose some from 'behind the scenes' of the main feature to give the reader more of an insight into the shoot and make them feel more involved in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment