Wednesday 24 March 2010

Colour Scheme Ideas

When planning my magazine i thought carefully about the colours i wanted to use so i thought up some different ideas and put them together to see which would work best with my design.

After putting them next to one and another i decided that i did not like the idea of having such vibrant colours running through my magazine as it can be harsh on the eye and draw the reader away. For example, the red and blue design and purple and red, these colour combinations, although put with darker colours, are very bright and could cause the reader to be pushed away from reading my magazine.


However, i liked the look of the black and red, grey and white and black and grey design and so, came to the conclusion that these would be the predominant colours running through my music magazine. I also liked the black and yellow design as it was quite bright although not too vibrant and therefore, decided that i would use this element on my magazine front cover as to catch the readers eye and draw them in but not having it as a running colour throughout my magazine.


Therefore these will be the final predominant colours to run through my magazine; black, grey, white and red, the combination looking like the above. I think that this fits well with the music magazine conventions and looks professional and makes my magazine stand out above others.

No comments:

Post a Comment